Saturday, April 2, 2011

Stinkin' Sweet

Happy Saturday to Everyone,

I love this "Design of the Day" and had so much fun making it! 

There are several new techniques I used to make this card.  First, I used a roller stamp to get the pretty little flowers up the left side of the card, this was so easy, I can't believe I waited so long to use this innovative tool.  Also adding the little pearls to the flowers really made them POP!  Second, When cutting out the strip for the sentiment I used the corner of my square punch to get the little points, this was so much easier than trying to cut it out with scissors.  Give both these new techniques a try, I think you will be shocked how fast they create great design features.

I used pearls yesterday and today, so I must be feeling a little bejeweled!  I am going to continue this theme until this coming Friday, and see how many new ideas I can come up with.  Stay Tuned!!!!

This Stampin' Up! set is really good to start with,
it has a wide selection of uses. Being one of the sets that can be
colored in after being stamped, makes it even more versatile.

Stampin' Up! items used in this card include:
  • So Saffron, Daffodil Delight, Basic Black and Whisper White Smooth Card Stock
  • Basic Pearl Jewels
  • Water Color Pencils
  • Blender Pen
  • Corner Punch
  • 1/2" Very Vanilla Seam Binding Ribbon ( This is a wonderful lite weight, easy to work with ribbon found in the Ocassions Mini Catalog and is only available to order from through April 30, 2011)
  • Fast Flowers Standard Wheel Stamp
  • "Pun Fun" Stamp Set
Have a nice Saturday, see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts on the "Design of the Day" and let me know what you would like to see more of!