Monday, March 21, 2011

Bear Hugs

What says "Thank You" better than a Bear Hug and Yummy S'mores. 

Today's "design of the day" will teach you two new stampin' techniques.  First, I stamped my bear on both the Soft Suede and River Rock Stampin' Up Card Stock.  I then cut out the portion of the stamp that included the bear's belly and snout printed on the River Rock Paper.  Once this was done all I needed to do was to attach it to the bear stamped on Soft Suede.  This can be done with many of the stamps instead of coloring in with pens or pencils.  I think the contrast in the two colors really make the Bear stand out.  Second, I created my own ribbon design.  Did you know you can stamp on many types of ribbon?  On this ribbon I stamped the Compass and S'More prints making the design really come together. When using this technique be sure to do a test first.


In creating this card I used Stampin' Up!'s
  • River Rock, Early Espresso, Tangerine Tango, and Soft Suede Smooth Card Stock
  • Daffodil Delight Designer Series Paper
  • Basic Black Stamp Pad
  • 3/4" Twill Tape
  • Gold Brads
  • "Under the Stars" Stamp Set

This set is great if you are a camper or scout and have scrapbook pages that need to be designed!
Big "Bear Hugs" from me to you, have a great day and I will see you tomorrow with more Stampin' Up! fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts on the "Design of the Day" and let me know what you would like to see more of!